Friday 26 March 2021

Amazon is trolling me

 I understand that Amazon has been brilliant. We couldn’t have survived lockdown without it. We’ve given it all our business, let it persuade us that this is the way to shop in future. It has enabled us to keep spending, keep the economy ticking over and without it the government would have never managed a year of lockdown. 

I know that it works by following your viewing patterns. 

“Because you thought about buying running shoes and didn’t maybe you’d like to consider a catering sized box of creme eggs instead.”

“Because you looked at an office chair and didn’t buy it, we suggest you’d like an orthopaedic neck pillow .”

“Because you brought an embroidery kit we think you should get a life.”

Sometimes I’ll get a suggestion based on something the Long Suffering Husband has looked at that I don’t understand, like, “You looked at a sand wedge, maybe you’d like to upgrade to a toastie maker,” or, “I can see you are looking at pipes, let me suggest you buy a full plumbing kit.”

I don’t mind this, usually but just lately Amazon has taken it one step further. 

It’s true, I don’t sleep. It’s true, I think too much. However, I have not looked at products to address the issue.

This morning my email inbox was filled with suggestions from Amazon around these themes. They also resent this suggestion, which I have ignored three times already.



I mean, it’s just rude, isn’t it?


No comments:

Post a Comment