Wednesday 16 September 2020

Murdery Sick Day

 A while ago now, we noticed that the dog couldn’t bear to be in the same room as me. As soon as I walked in and sat down, he would stir, even if he was in the deepest sleep, make a grumbling sound, reluctantly get up and walk out.



It always looked something like that. 

Then I noticed that he stayed in the room and often settled down for a nap if I was doing yoga. We speculated that he liked the soothing voice of Adrienne. He used to stay for the Archers but when it got weird with the monologues, like the rest of the nation, he stropped out. 

Yesterday, I had an enforced sick day. I’m not very good at being off. My work ethic and a love for my job makes me hate taking time off, even if I’m sick but in these coronavirus days that is no longer wise behaviour. I asked my daughter for a serial killer documentary, to keep me stuck to the sofa. In the end I settled for a podcast. I went for Serial.

The dog loved it. He stayed in the room for the full ten hours. Who knew that I just needed to listen to murdery podcasts to earn his love? It’s a shame that I’m feeling better and all murdered out because we could be friends again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment