Sunday 27 September 2020

Most Excellent

The Long Suffering Husband took me out to the cinema yesterday. We watched the Bill and Ted movie and ate popcorn all the way through. I used to hate the idea of eating when watching a film because both a film and food deserve your full attention but a mask would make a film harder to concentrate on. Covid has broken all my rules. 

It’s cold and miserable, we are living through times that will be ‘interesting’ historically, the storm season has started, government is dictating, shops have empty shelves, test and trace app drains your phone battery, teaching is even more exhausting than normal and no one is really quite sure what they are meant to do. I’m reading the Midnight Library and it’s suicidal theme and preachy message are not really working for me in terms of an uplifting book. The LSH decided that I needed to get out.

The movie is so bad I won’t even mention the plot holes or how irritating it is when they can’t even be bothered to teach actors how to hold an instrument properly, never mind make it look like they are actually playing it, but it was lovely to go out and do something that felt normal. Yes, the cinema had hardly anyone in (we don’t mind that) but once the film started, you could completely stop thinking for an hour an a half. You sit in a dark room with your popcorn, transported to another world. It was also a good choice of film. It was fun and lighthearted and a reminder that singing and making music together can save the world.



It was just what I needed and followed by a whole night’s sleep I’m ready to take on the world. Are you ready San Dimas? Party on Dudes. It’s going to be most excellent.


No comments:

Post a Comment