Wednesday 27 March 2013

Stress Relief Baking

Today was a long day, with so much piano playing my fingers literally ache, particularly the end joints of my little fingers.  I played one hideous piano that really needs to be put out of it's misery and one beautiful piano that I would be happy to play all day every day (and that is saying something!)

But post adrenaline highs require copious amounts of food, so I had to go home via the supermarket for more twiglets and peanut butter.  Although I am still not eating chocolate I did have to look.  It is Easter after all and while I don't like the idea of celebrating the torture of an individual for his beliefs, the fact that his girlfriend was so grief stricken she thought she saw him after his death and grave robbery, I do like chocolate.  Chocolate takes on a life of it's own at Easter.  There are Creme Eggs, Caramel eggs, sheep, bunnies and chicks and now there are miniature versions of these things.  Easter cupcakes were always made in our house with Cadbury's Mini Eggs but when I discovered miniature Creme Eggs and miniature Malteser Bunnies I just had to buy some and do some stress relief baking.

I made mocha cupcakes with a mocha icing and placed my chocolate purchases on the top followed by a sprinkle of edible glitter.




The only problem is that we are all trying to eat less cake, I'm not eating chocolate so I'll have to take them into work tomorrow, which wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't only made thirteen.  There will be a bun-fight.


No comments:

Post a Comment