Tuesday 12 March 2013

I love my job

At this time I would normally have snoozed my way through the end of a murder mystery and a couple of news programmes and would be fast asleep until at least 4am but I just wanted to tell everyone how much I love my job.  I may be an extra large bar of Cadbury's Fruit and Nut, giving up Sundays; evenings; days off but it's worth it.

Tonight was the final of the music competition at the local senior school.  My school band turned out in force, looking smart, shiny and tiny.  I was so proud that I could burst.  I'm pleased to say that I think the right people won the big prizes.  I was especially proud to see a prize for musical co-operation given for the first time this year in my daughter's name.


I also get to work with the funniest, nuttiest kids around.  A child told me in their lesson this evening that their great nan had died and that she is going to donate her organs to her.  I was a bit confused until she told me that it was because she's the only musical one in the family.  I know it's not right to laugh when someone tells you a close relative has died but all musicians love a good organ joke.

The magnificent Skerritt-Cumming Organ

Please remind me of this when I'm feeling stressed and irritable tomorrow morning.  I haven't eaten, haven't done all the paperwork I needed to do, will still be awake at 4am and am the mother to a teenage boy and a wife to a Long Suffering Husband, who thinks he is coming down with man-flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment