Wednesday 26 December 2012

Oh Santa, how you disappoint......

Since I discovered Twitter I also found a new way of entertaining myself on Boxing Day.  It's wrong, I know, to find the tweets of spoilt brats to be amusing but how can you not find the following gems captivating?

 "MY PARENTS GOT ME THE BLACK IPAD I WANTED THE WHITE ONE FUCK YOU CHRISTMAS IS RUINED,"  

"I HATE MY LIFE. CALL OF DUTY IS LAGGING BECAUSE MY STUPID PARENTS WON'T PAY FOR DECENT INTERNET. CHRISTMAS ISRUINED. KILL MYSELF," 


"I'm not even that excited for Christmas coz I'm not getting an x-box 360,"


"I didn't ask for much because I don't really need anything.  All I want is a car for crying out loud"

This is more than balanced out by the people who are happy with their gifts.  There are endless pictures of 'best Christmas presents',   One of my favourites was a dad who had managed to get the remote control Barbie car he bought for his daughter to bring him beer without getting up.

I was a little disappointed with Santa this year.  I had only asked him if he could find my voice and return it.  Maybe I've been on the naughty list because it's not back but luckily I have a brilliant sister (who thinks she's funny) who was able to get the next best thing.

Perfect present for someone who's lost their voice


The Long Suffering Husband is exceptionally good at Christmas presents.  I am not one of those unlucky women who post on facebook, "car tax is not a Christmas present!" or gets a dressing gown in size 22 (when they are a size 10 and gorgeous).  He always manages to buy me presents that I didn't know I even wanted or would be too frugal to buy for myself and he always buys me some beautiful underwear, which he puts in a red gift box (kept from year to year) for wrapping.  This year, when I opened that particular present my 14 year old son covered his eyes and said, "Oh no, it's the red box, tell me when it's over!"


This year's weather has caused me a permanent wet foot problem and my only waterproof boots rub and have made holes in all of my socks so the LSH chose to be a little more practical with the red box this year and I couldn't be more thrilled.

A box of socks (love a rhyme!)

I love socks.  You can never have too many pairs of pretty comfortable socks.  The dog also got some socks, which he will be very glad of when it next snows.

snowball paws - no more with snow socks.



No comments:

Post a Comment