Friday 9 November 2012

The Berry Incident

It's so easy to neglect the things you love.  You know they will always be there.  In times of stress you just rely on them, you can be a bit horrid to them, you can ignore them and sometimes you can even be snappy with them.  They forgive you because you are a bit stressed but you know you have to make it up when it's all over.

So, blog, I'm sorry.  I've neglected you. I opened a page and wrote unpublishable things many times.  There is no excuse for that sort of language and I apologise.  I wrote about not being able to learn words to songs.  I wrote about feeling stressed at a lack of practice time.  I wrote about the piano. I wrote about churches and I wrote about Ofsted.  I will try to be better in the future.  

It has been a very busy week.  There were many highlights, which I failed to share with you.  There were also some funny things and not sharing those was unforgivable.

We sang at the Barnardo's Concert at the Royal Albert Hall this week.  It's a brilliant concert but the best part for me is listening to hyper children on the way home.  They get giggly and excited and say really funny things.  On the way back this time a child said, "Oh look that man's got his head stuck in a hole."



Today I took the foundation stage class on a sound hunt, looking for Autumn sounds in the playground.  I had hidden some instruments and had lots of beaters out.  They were absolutely brilliant, finding some great sounds, many of which I had never thought about.  One of the children excitedly called me over to show me a wonderful swishing sound she had found.  She was hitting a bush with one of the beaters and as she did so one of the berries flew off and went straight into my mouth.  My colleague reminded me that we weren't allowed to eat the berries but I wasn't really able to listen properly as hysteria had set in.  Luckily, I didn't swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment