Friday 23 November 2012

Follow the Star

Now that we are hurtling towards Christmas at a frightening speed my whole life is a huge Christmas Album.  I'm not feeling very festive yet. Baa Humbug.


However, when you work with small children it's hard not to get a little bit excited.  The children at school are very excited about learning their songs for their Christmas show.  This year we are doing Hey Ewe by Anthony Copas and it's great fun.

Everytime the children see me they run up, point and shout (I'd like to say sing but the music teacher has allowed them to be over-enthusiastic and tuneless), "Hey Ewe, come back here!"  I have been starting to feel a bit paranoid, so this week I taught them a much better song from the show.  Now, they are running up to me, throwing their arms around my knees and singing, (yes, they are singing this one), "Follow the star, follow the star, follow the star."  Now, that's more like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment