Wednesday 28 November 2012

Did you know my life would suck without you?

The Long Suffering Husband came in this evening and said, "You don't love me any more, you love baking."

I didn't correct him.  I do love baking.  I also love him, my children, my job, my friends, the dog and anything that makes me laugh.  I'm a bit of a floozy when it comes to who and what I love.  Monogamy is for marriage and sex but not for love.

Tonight was the PAMs Christmas social/concert and so when he got home he found me quickly making a batch of mince pies to take with me.  You might think it's a bit early to have a Christmas social but the last one we had was in June, so actually it's quite late.  

It has been a very funny day.  The children at school asked why the baby Jesus was given insects, which would have been confusing if we hadn't been singing John Rutter's Carol for the Children, which includes the line, "Three for the kings bringing gold, brining myrrh, bringing incense."  At lunchtime we became almost hysterical as we tried to simplify the Christmas story for a Church Service, "Can you mention Palestine?", "The children don't know what a manger is, we could sing Away in a Food Trough!" and "You've got to leave Bethlehem in.  It's not Christmas until I've heard Beflea-em and  Baaaaaby."

One of the pieces we played at the Christmas concert was a Glee medley, including the song My Life Would Suck Without You, which sums up just how I feel about my Wednesday night music and the wonderful people who join me.  We always have a giggle and no one could accuse us of not enjoying ourselves.  The admin of the group has been taken over by people who like to use a lot of paper and so I received 2 invoices and a questionnaire about the group.  Last time we had a questionnaire I wrote silly things on it because it was my friend who would be looking at them and she knows that Wednesday evening is the highlight of my week but this time I probably need to be serious, which is a bit of an oxymoron for me.  PAMs and serious? The two don't go together in my mind.  One of the questions asks, "Do you feel any health benefits from your lesson?"  
I think I might answer with, "my life would suck without it."  I am going to struggle with the question that asks if I'm making progress because I'm desperate to answer that I'm an adult and Ofsted couldn't care less how many levels progress I make in my leisure time!



Laughter is the best medicine and so this evening, when we were laughing until we cried no one could doubt the health benefits.  My favourite moment came when the conductor was explaining that some people had exams coming up and so were going to play their pieces and she said, "Because its good to get your parts out in public!"


No comments:

Post a Comment