Sunday 5 March 2023

Pirates of the Clan

 The Long Suffering Husband wants to travel more. He took early retirement to make the most of life and then my brain broke and Covid happened, leaving him hugely disappointed. However, not being one to let a little anxiety stop me I find myself in Seville for a long weekend. 

It’s raining. Of course it is. We always have contrary weather but even rain can’t quite drown out the beauty of this city. There are oranges on trees (and a windfall in my handbag for interesting photos), gold encrusted churches, palaces, gardens with parakeets in trees, tiled frescos and tapas bars everywhere. 

Me and my Orange looking at a church

When we first got off the bus my eyesight failed me. 

“I’m not sure about that KKK bloke walking over there,” I pointed to a tall chap walking past the corner of a coffee shop. The LSH was quick to point out my mistake



“It’s like the swan you saw in Japan,” he reminded me.

But then I saw a poster and some sweets in a shop window. 

“I wasn’t wrong. There are everywhere!”


The LSH used his new-found googling skills and informed me that it’s something to do with the church. Most things in Seville seem to be.

We were walking towards the mushrooms when we saw a parade. I love a parade when I’m in a foreign country, so I started to film.


If you watch the video you can hear me say, “Look, Pirates!”

It turns out that I was wrong again. The LSH had seen it on a travel programme. They are, supposedly practising for Easter. They carry this sparkly platform on their heads (blindfold) to show.their devotion to the priests who dress up in the white hoods. 

I haven’t checked his facts so you can’t trust anything you’ve read here and you might just as well agree with me that we saw the Pirates of the Clan.


No comments:

Post a Comment