Tuesday 5 July 2022

Little Pluckers and Fingering Fiddlers

 I’m taking a break from my preparations for my school summer music concert. Tomorrow night I will have to play 17 pieces on the piano to accompany the students and as the Long Suffering Husband sarcastically said, “It’s a good job you are so good at the piano then.”

I should be practising but instead I’m glued to the TV. 

 I was going to write about the Chris Pincher thing after Dominic Raab’s car crash interview this morning. He said that Mr Pincher was not guilty, even though he definitely did engage in inappropriate unwanted sexual misconduct of  the groping junior members of staff kind. The reluctance to use the word guilty shows that he doesn’t think it matters. Pincher by name Pincher by nature. Obviously, it does matter and MPs who were sent on TV to say that the PM knew nothing about it when he had been fully briefed before appointing the man must be furious at being made to look like idiots. 

 The health secretary and the chancellor have resigned and we are told the Prime Minister has been on a tour of the tearoom. It’s fascinating. And really sad. 



Boris Johnson is unlikely to resign and Jacob Rees Mogg as said he shouldn’t. Nadine Dorries has given him her full support. So, they may be the new health secretary and Chancellor.

I must tear myself away and get back to my preparations. Apart from anything else, I need to think of better names for the two string groups, which I have provisionally called Little Pluckers and Fingering Fiddlers. It’s not that I don’t like the names but as they make a much better title of a blog about the current state of politics, I’ll leave them here (and keep my job!).

No comments:

Post a Comment