Saturday 6 August 2016

I went!

If you read the VIP blog then you will have been wondering.  Did she chicken out or did she go?  Did she wear jeans or get a new frock? Did she behave or was she asked to leave? Or you have a life and didn't care if I bottled it at the last minute or not.

I went. I wore a dress and I didn't behave but wasn't asked to leave.

I can see the appeal, if you are that sort of person.  Really, I can.  I can see that sitting in a room of like-minded people, eating, drinking, and agreeing would be a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

This is what I enjoyed:

1. People watching.
2. The food
3. Being referred to as a 'young person'
4. Making snide comments that no one seemed to notice.
5. Thumping the Long Suffering Husband on the leg under the table instead of actually punching anyone.
6. Pulling faces.
7. Watching the carnival (I always do)
8. Taking photos
9. Visiting Moot Hall and waving at children (children always look up) from the balcony
10. The sunshine



This is what I didn't.

1. Shaking hands and dodging kisses.
2. Listening to conversations about 'Council business'
3. The council members referring to themselves as 'the great and the good'
4. Having my hand/arm stroked by the octogenarian triathlete every time he spoke to me.
5.  Listening to the outrage about Independent councillors.
6. The LSH thinking he'd done something wrong everytime I thumped him.
7.  Self-congratulatory Brexit discussions.
8.  Seeing the carnival from an unusual angle.
9.  Watching the LSH use the tablewear to help everyone visualise the  councillor's plan for turning          the White Horse Car Park into a multi-story.
10.  The suggestion that I should join the council.






No comments:

Post a Comment