Monday 27 July 2015

It's just routine

When we booked this holiday the Long Sufferring Husband was feeling a teeny bit stressed. "I need to sit in the sun with no pressures," he said, not unreasonably. I was a little less enthusiastic. The idea of an all inclusive round a pool holiday, watching parents who clearly resent their children because they need to be talked to occasionally, taking up valuable all you can drink boozing time didn't really appeal to me. So, we came to a compromise. "We are going to stay in a cottage in the middle of the Italian Countryside and you'll learn to relax," I threatened. You will learn how to live without a routine; you'll take things as they come and go with the flow. 


How is he doing? 

Better than me. I'm up at seven every morning, on the patio, reading my book and eating breakfast. I NEED (yes I did say need) to be covered in suntan lotion and sitting under the umbrella next to the pool by 10am. I read two chapters, swim 30 lengths and repeat until lunchtime. Any attempt to divert me away from my self imposed routine and I get twitchy. I'm out of the sun to eat lunch between 1 and 2.30 and then I have to rush back to the two chapters/30 lengths routine. I'm much more laid back about the evenings but they do have to involve anti-pasti, primi-plati, secondi and dolci. I know the guide books say you don't have to have every course but when they are so delicious how can a girl resist? 

The LSH is quite looking forward to getting home.

That's obviously not true. Can we stay forever?


No comments:

Post a Comment