Monday 15 December 2014

Happy Hump Day

I'm almost giddy with excitement and before you ask, no, I haven't got labarynthitis again. Cliches are springing from my fingertips - I can finally see the wood for the trees and the reason is as clear as mud because I've probably been making a mountain out of a molehill and now that I'm not feeling quite so swamped I might not have to visit the funny farm after all. You see, I don't have to say, "It's December" anymore. I know it is still December but I now have less to do than I've done. I can think about doing other things.

I'm not alone as I had a couple of texts from other musician friends, which have made me think that we should be celebrating 'musical hump day'. One friend texted to ask if it was sad that she was excited that she had been able to clean out the fridge. I replied that I'd cooked a proper meal!!! Another friend sent me a message saying that he had been worried that he didn't know what his children looked like anymore but he'd managed to spend an afternoon with them, so all was well. I even spent some time sitting on the sofa. It's a lovely sofa!

I'm hoping that this 'hump day' euphoria lasts, as today I will mainly be wondering why churches are so cold and why the seats are so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment