Monday 25 August 2014

NY day 3 - The downfall of the planning Nazi

Everyone said that to do New York you had to plan, plan, plan. "Don't worry," I said, "I'm a planning Nazi!" I filled my project book with maps, itinneries, tickets booked online. I knew we could make this once in a lifetime trip work so that we had enough memories to keep us going forever.

So day 3 became sightseeing day. We saw the Statue of Liberty by taking the Staten Island Ferry, touched the Bulls balls at Wall Street, saw the 911 memorial (photos don't do it justice), walked through TriBeCa to the Ghostbusters fire house, continued across through Little Italy, to buy a knish and then to Katz Deli for lunch. Katz Deli is quite an experience and the LSH was very glad that I didn't do a Meg Ryan. After lunch we walked through China Town, across Brooklyn Bridge and down the promenade at Brooklyn Heights, took the subway to Greenwich Village to decide if we wanted to eat at the Minetta Tavern (we didn't) and then back to our hotel to change for dinner at the Russian Tea Rooms.


My plan worked - we saw loads but we were a little late leaving and the LSH teased me all day about being off the schedule. When we made up time he became excited about that too but he was very relaxed about not having to make any decisions. 

All the walking and the excitement has taken it's toll though. Swollen feet and sleeplessness from excitement about what my next day of plans will bring could just bring this planning Nazi crashing to her knees soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment