Thursday 3 April 2014

Why?


This morning I feel like I did when I was about 3 or 4. Apparently, at that age almost everything I said started with 'why' Today, I feel as though I have woken up in an alien world that I don't quite understand. Here are just some of the things.

1. Why does the air smell of fertiliser? Is that what the Sahara smells like?

2. Why did the Long Suffering Husband panic and shout, "Quick, there's a strange smell!" because he got a whiff of my Mother's Day flowers?

3. Why am I sooooo tired?

4. Why is it always my fault?

5. Why do the Government deport failed asylum seekers as soon as they turn 18 and leave their parents here?

6. Why couldn't Yashika be given a student visa?

7. Why does the BBC give so much air time to the leader of a party that has no members of parliament?

8. Why do people think the BBC is a left wing organisation?

9. Why can't I go and play at being a Saxon or Viking rather than teach recorder to year 1?

10. Why did so many children pass me in the corridor and say, "You're a hag."?

How I usually look at the end of term

Actually, I know the answer to the last one and it's nothing to do with question three. I'm not soooo tired that I'm looking and acting like a witch. Well I am but the children are too polite to actually point it out. In fact they had just had French with our French French teacher and learnt how to say Happy Easter. To this untrained old hag's ear Joyeuses Paques sounded like you're a hag and even when I listened more closely I heard ' youe spag'.

No comments:

Post a Comment