Sunday 1 July 2012

Anything is possible when.....

Does everyone have something that makes them feel as though anything is possible?

When the sun is shining, for example, does everyone think, "Yes, I can tackle my huge to-do list today!"? But when it's a bit gloomy and cold, even looking at the list seems out of the question.  For me it's doing boring repetitive tasks like swimming up and down, digging, walking or colouring.


 Things were starting to get on top of me in the last few weeks and I'd stopped swimming, the dog had only had  short walks and I've completely lost the plot when it comes to the allotment.  Huge mistake.  So this morning in the pool the first 4 lengths were murder, but after 20 I was thinking I could do anything.


The dog made his acting debut today.  He played a dog.  He was quite convincing too.



It was probably one of the most bizarre days I've ever had.  MacTheatre were asked to perform in Burnham at 4 locations for the Art Trail.  I've only been to Burnham a couple of times before and it has always seems to be a desolate place, miles from anywhere, colder and winder than where you came from, you hardly see another living soul and even the open shops look closed.  They performed the funny little play Pyramus and Thisbe from Midsummer Night's Dream to ......
Actually, they did manage to drum up a little crowd, due to the fantastic energy and enthusiasm of the cast - especially Pyramus, who ran up and down the Quay and High Street projecting more effectively than any of Shakespeare's original actors could have done.

Following my son, in his dress around Burnham was also rather strange.


The performances became freer as the afternoon wore on. Beer was taken.  Four performances and three pubs.  The last venue was supposed to be a Church car park, a little way up the hill.  There was no one there but there was a pub opposite.  The venue was changed and more beer was consumed.

Maybe it was the 30 lengths and the long dog walk but as I watched the afternoon I began to wonder if this should be the future.  Street performance, pub crawls, art drama and music all working together.  
Oh dear, I can feel another stupid plan coming on.  Must go to the allotment and dig weeds instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment