Monday 24 July 2023

First day suggestion

 This is your first day of the holiday. Six weeks seems like a long time. You can lie in bed and read a book. You’ve earned it. Ignore the children fighting over the TV remote control or the dog whining for a walk. Take it easy.

Yes, I know you have a list of things you must do. There are friends you have to see with no excuse of, “I’m sorry, I’m too tired I have 30 cats to wrestle in the morning.” Theatre. Cinema. Eating. Walking. Your To Be Read (TBR) pile hasn’t got any shorter. You might have a project on the go; a watercolour to paint, a novel to write or a court book to transcribe.

There is also the work you brought home that you didn’t quite have time for …but not today. It can wait. It can probably wait 5 1/2 weeks and if we are honest, it probably will. 

My one tip, though, is that you unpack the bags today. The last day will have been stressful. There will be a piece of uneaten fruit somewhere in your bag. You probably didn’t eat the crust of your sandwich because you only had stale bread in the house. No one needs to find a mouldy crust at the end of August. I only hope I remember to follow my own advice.




No comments:

Post a Comment