Monday 31 January 2022

Pigs

 Oh pigs!

Seriously. It’s not what I wanted to do with my time but I have read Sue Gray’s report.

My conclusions are:

  • She is a very clever woman
  • She doesn’t think the people in number 10 behaved well
  • She has been in contact with the police and persuaded them to prosecute 12 out of the 16 ‘gatherings’
  • She has gathered shed loads of evidence that she has refused to give to anyone but the police for fear of recriminations
  • Staff were too scared to report the misbehaviour
  • Downing Street has become a boozy out of control place that doesn’t represent professional standards.
  • More people work there than should, some without effective line management
  • There are over 300 photos
  • She used the words ‘failure of leadership’
  • She’s furious
My conclusions are no different from those being made by journalists because the report is clear and easy to read.

When even the supporting newspapers  are referring to the Prime Minister as a greased piglet it’s hard to see how he can survive this but I’ve said that before.

What is it with this government and pigs? 

It’s a very uncomfortable metaphor. Pigs are generally lovely creatures; friendly and sensible and with a healthy respect for each other. I’m sure they are the wrong animal to use.

Anyway, it’s all been very difficult so here is a photo of a pig I met on a walk at the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment