Friday 22 October 2021

Distraction notebooks

 I haven’t written a blog in a while. 

The world is a very strange and confusing place. Step away from the news. Don’t look at Tuesday’s Covid figures (never look at Tuesday Covid figures). Don’t think about the politicians. Don’t get drawn into discussions about women. Don’t worry about spiking or refugees or Michael Gove’s dance moves. And whatever you do don’t think about climate change or weirdos that think the Pope is in charge of all businesses.

Don’t think about whether dogs live past 14. Don’t navigate choices between steroids and kidney failure. Don’t question why you cook more for the dog than you do for yourself. Don’t forget you hate prawns. 

Instead get online and choose some new notebooks.

Don’t you just love a notebook?

My son bought me a Moleskin one for my birthday and it is a thing of pure joy. Stroke the cover, crack open the spine and stick your nose into the pages. You can smell the luxury, the possibility, the hope, velvety white pureness, waiting patiently for something, anything or even, nothing. That notebook doesn’t care what you put in it. It could be plans, ideas, suggestions, recipes, Covid figures, notes about death, life or drugs. It just loves you with its endless possibilities. 

So, instead of writing a blog that made any sense or filling any of my notebooks, I have trawled the websites of Paperchase, Papier, Waterstones, Smythson, Bookblock, Papermash ,Redbubble and too many others to mention.

I know it’s a distraction from the distraction of filling the notebook but sometimes it’s nice to just look.

Or it was until I came across this one.


Have I ever told you what my dog thinks of me? 


No comments:

Post a Comment