Sunday 20 June 2021

Best Fathers

 Today is the day to celebrate all the best fathers. 

Some people, without the best or one that is dead or absent for another reason will find it hard. Some of those will have been comforted by the emails from Marks and Spencer that said something like, “We’ve noticed that your dad is dead, would you like to opt out of the Father’s Day marketing?” If you are like me, then that will have just amused you. 

It’s nearly 30 years since the Long Suffering Husband has had a father to remember on this summer Sunday and I wonder  if he still minds but his first Father’s Day without his dad was his first as the focus of the day, so maybe it wasn’t so bad. 

Despite the fact that my brilliant dad died a few years ago, I don’t feel sad. I can still go out into the garden and talk rubbish at Dad’s rose, who also enjoys an annual can of Old Speckled Hen. Maybe I regret not making more of a fuss of my Dad while he was alive but at least I’m not missing out.

Dad’s Rose - Blue Moon 


The LSH is a brilliant father. He is celebrating the day under the bath, practising his plumbing skills because we really know how to spoil him.

However you are spending the day I recommend having a glance at social media and just noticing how many brilliant mumsremembered to praise their husbands.

No comments:

Post a Comment