Wednesday 2 June 2021

30 Days Wild

 “I’m not just wild, I’m furious,” said the gorilla interviewed on Not the 9 O’Clock News in my youth. 



This month marks the start of the 30 days wild challenge, where people are encouraged to get out into nature. This, hopefully, will encourage people to care about the natural environment and take action on climate change.

I’m having a little walking holiday, so I’m certain to bore you all with photos wild things soon but today I feel like that gorilla.

I’m not wild. I’m furious.

What a waste.

The government believed that a generation’s education have been damaged by this virus. They knew they needed to do something so they employed a sensible education advisor to come up with a plan. Sir Kevan Collins, despite not being able to spell Kevin seemed to understand. In interviews he talked about the ‘other things’ children had missed out on, like social skills, music, drama and dance. He understood that not all children will have fallen behind with English and Maths (which is always a shame for the government because they are the easiest to measure and compare with other countries). He knew that to make a difference funding had to be put in place. He never thought just asking teachers to work longer was going to be possible but instead he wanted to be able to employ people (like sports coaches, drama facilitators and musicians) to deliver extended hours extras. He properly costed this at £15billion.

Gavin Williamson came on the radio and said, “Well, I’m a Yorkshire man a billion seems like a lot of money to me.”

The government had agreed to £1.4bn funding. (£85 per school age child) and Kev resigned. 

Why bother? Why waste money on a consultant you are not going to listen to? Why?

Anyway, it’s a good way to start. Not just wild - furious.

No comments:

Post a Comment