Saturday 27 June 2020

Twot

If you’re not able to work, it helps to have good weather.

This is what I said to people two years ago when they politely and falsely told me how well I was looking, as I stomped around the town, trying to ground myself and cope with the fact that the filing clerk in my brain had downed tools and shoved all the paperwork in random drawers. I didn’t look well. My eyes were wild and flitty and I had lost so much weight that I looked like a haunted skeleton. However, I did have a nice tan.

And here we are again. Not able to work, with a lot of death to think about and we have had nice weather. It helps.



Except that it  tipped from nice to twot.

It was twot to do anything productive.
It was twot to eat (anything except ice cream, chocolate, crisps)
It was twot to refuse any liquid refreshment that was offered.
It was twot not to rush to the coast for some sea breeze.
It was twot to put your rubbish in the bin
It was twot to remember to keep 2m apart
It was twot to use hot water to wash your hands properly
It was twot to worry about a virus.

Hopefully, the twot days are over and we can all go back to being grateful for nice weather, whether we are able to be at work or not and a few days of being twots won’t matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment