Tuesday 12 June 2018

Tit

The problem being a bit doolally bonkers is that you can get obsessed.  At the moment, it's birds.
My sister is the same.  We are watching, feeding, videoing the birds.  We both had blue tits in our bird boxes just after mum died. Don't mention the dead baby birds if you want people to think you are sane.

Today was tit day.  My blue tit returned, looking very much worse for wear, so I walked into town to buy extra bird food.

When I was in town I made a tit of myself.  I missed my opportunity to avoid someone.  Mostly, I've been scouring the horizon and if I've seen anyone I know I turn or look down.  Mostly, people ignore me.  Today, a nice lady didn't.  "Hello, how are you? I was so sorry to hear..... Are you alright?"
The hot flush started, my chest got tight and I tried to run.  Yes, I actually tried to turn and run away from her but she put her arm around me.  The thing is that I can't say how I am because I am actually bonkers and I don't want to be.  I'm not sure how this encounter ended but I'm pretty sure I made a tit of myself.

It was a relief to get home and hang the fat balls up. I also bought some nigella seeds because I thought I heard a goldfinch and am curious to see if tomorrow's blog will be about finches.

No comments:

Post a Comment