Thursday 12 October 2017

Coming Out Day

Today is the day we all have to come out. "Gay, bi, supportive or whatever, it's time to speak out," celebs are telling us. Some people would prefer privacy but I'm not sure that's an option.

In the spirit of the day I thought I'd come out. I'd like to be supportive but the truth is that I can't grow anything that needs support: peas, beans, climbing roses; they all fail under the influence of my green fingers. So, I am coming out as 'whatever', more specifically a basket. Soup in a basket: that great Seventies pub dish that is not fit for purpose.

Thankfully, there is the Long Suffering Husband.  He could grow sweet peas. His support is the best.
"I don't want a birthday this year!" I announced grumpily, so he bought me 4 Bounty bars and wrapped them beautifully.
"I can't sort my head out," I complained, so he brought home notebooks for me to fill with elephants and pens that will never let you down.


He's a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment