Monday 30 March 2015

Advice for Travelling Teenagers

Once, not too long ago, I found teenagers endlessly fascinating. I enjoyed their enthusiasm and energy and appreciated the fact that they always speak loud enough to hear every word. However, if you are a travelling teenager I have some advice for you.

1. You may not want the whole aeroplane to know your travel plans.
2. If you have left Brian's handwritten itinery on the kitchen table then you shouldn't remember it out loud, including the address of your hotel.
3. If your friend is sick on the plane the following questions are not the ones you should ask before checking that they are OK:
a) Did you get it all in the bag?
b) Is it heavy?
c) I can't believe it doesn't smell. Why doesn't it smell?
d) Were there lumps in it?
4. Farting on a plane is bad form. Talking about the fact you've farted for the next hour is positively a crime.

I hope they have a great time and are not on the same flight home as me, although hearing their experience of Amsterdam could be quite enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment