Sunday 30 November 2014

The squirrels are taking over


A few weeks ago I bought a new notebook.


It made me laugh but since then I have been noticing squirrels everywhere and I'm beginning to think that they are planning a takeover in time for Christmas.

We should have realised when that squirrel flashed us all on Bake Off a few years ago. 


Since then, they have been keeping an eye on our television and want a part of it. Squirrels love nuts and TV is full of them. They have been in training, readying themselves for the moment of take over.

Picture: Twitter@Cathymorin19
A few brave squirrel soldiers have already mounted an advance attack, preparing the way for take over day. A few weeks ago I saw a squirrel jump out of a tree on a fellow dog walker and only last week my dog sniffed a squirrel. Now, that's just not right, is it? Dogs chase squirrels because squirrels run away. They do not stand their ground on the path looking cute and fluffy, leaving the poor dog no option but to have a sniff and move on.

A squirrel in Watford has been terrorising a school http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/ and squirrels have been jumping out of Christmas trees.


I can't help thinking that you deserve to have a squirrel jump out of your tree if you put it up this early. Social media has been full of Christmas trees this weekend and although I do love Christmas I can't help thinking that it's all much too early.

This is what your tree will look like by Christmas if you put it up now!

I was beginning to despair of Twitter because of all the Christmas trees, when I came across this exchange and realised just how much I love it.


Oh Janice!

Then a sinister twist occurred and Janice was bombarded with Kirsty Allsop's followers' pictures of Christmas trees complete with crocheted robins. I bet there weren't just robins but squirrels too and some of those squirrels will have been real, sitting in those trees, waiting for takeover day!

No comments:

Post a Comment