Tuesday 18 November 2014

Post Christmas Blues

I've got a severe case of post Christmas blues. It was Christmas this weekend, wasn't it?

It must have been.  Both children came home and then on Friday evening we played Christmas Carols in our pyjamas.  On Saturday we visited my parents and played cards around the table and then in the evening it got cold enough for a fire and we had a boxing day type picky food feast, where I ate my body weight in cheese. On Sunday we had a huge roast and lounged around complaining about our 'food babies'.

I should be glad.  If that was Christmas then it was quite painless.  I didn't stagger into it completely exhausted after an endless round of concerts and shows.  I escaped without any chilblains from the outdoor carol concert playing.  I hadn't lost my voice and now I'm not picking pine needles out of everything.

However, the anti climax of such a painless Christmas has left me feeling bereft.  It's a good job the first of the dozen concerts is this coming Saturday and I still have time to become drained of all energy.


No comments:

Post a Comment