Monday 13 January 2014

What a Boob

When you are Chief Procrastinator of the United Kingdom, as I am, you will always be able to find something to do, rather than the thing you should be doing.  Most people, have one thing, something that they will revert to doing; their main passion.  The Long Suffering Husband will watch a film and my son does maths (he has tried really hard to revise for his mocks but always ends up accidentally doing maths, which is a shame as he doesn't have a maths mock).

I have prided myself on the fact that I have a diverse range of thoughts and activities to divert me but I am beginning to suspect that I have found my thing.  It is beginning to worry me, though.  If my thing was music, or cake, or books, or digging then I wouldn't need to be ashamed but I think my thing might be boobs.

I spent a whole day considering how my breasts spoilt the line of my beads.  I focused too much energy on how my new improved posture was making my chest enter a room three days before I did. At the weekend, I decided that I was probably wearing the wrong bra size, so I thought I'd give buying a new one another go.  I now have every size bra from 32-38 and B-F cup.  I stood in Marks and Spencer changing room being assured by the assistant that this one was definitely the right size.  I asked why it was so different from the last time I was fitted and she said, "We've only just started stocking your size. We didn't have bras for big skinny women before so we went up a couple of band sizes and down a couple of cup sizes."  This is exactly what used to happen to me in Clark's shoe shop when I was a child.  They would say, "We don't have any in such a narrow width fitting so we'll go down a size."  I ended up with hammer toes and so I'm now a bit concerned about possible deformity to my bosom.

Today, I've mostly spent the whole day trying to decide if my new bra hurts or whether it fits perfectly. It looks like it fits.  I know, I've looked several times today. I've also gone to take it off every half hour since half past ten this morning and then decided to give it a whole day. I have this dream that one day I'll have a bra that I can wear all day without even noticing that I'm wearing it but maybe I just have a boob obsession that will cause me to think about whatever I'm wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment