Sunday 12 January 2014

That's what I call Customer Service

Apple products cost a lot of money but you purchase them with a level of customer service that is unbeaten.  My charging lead for my i-phone has stopped charging.  I could have got quite upset and demanded a new one because the lead is really bad designed.  It is almost impossible to remove the charging lead without pulling on the chord, due to the tiny adapter that is very difficult to get a good grip on, causing the wires to disconnect. However, I decided not to make a fuss but to just go and buy a new one (and try to be more careful with it)

I walked into the shop and went straight to the till with the new lead.  The man asked, "Did you need any help with that?"

I looked at him, looked at the box, looked back at him, scratched my head and said, "it's a really tiny box."
He appeared confused.
There was an awkward moment of silence.
"Were you able to choose the product for yourself or did you need help?" he clarified.
"Oh, she thought you were offering to carry it to the car for her," said the Long Suffering Husband.

Now, that would have been good Customer Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment