Thursday 4 October 2012

National Poetry Day

For National Poetry Day I'm going to share some of my favourite poems:


The Mechanical Crane
The mechanical crane 
Said: 'I've got a pain
At the spot where my girders join.
When I'm picking up bricks 
My wiring plays tricks,
And my chain makes a rather weird BOING.

'I've grown ever so tall
But I'm not well at all
And lifting is making me thin.
Though I'm fifty feet high
And my head scrapes the sky
I'd much rather be home in a tin.'

(From A bedtime story book - November 6th)

Loss

The day he moved out was terrible -
That evening she went through hell.
His absence wasn't a problem
But the corkscrew had gone as well
(Wendy Cope - Serious Concerns)


A Silly Poem

Said Hamlet to Ophelia
I'll draw a sketch of thee
What kind of pencil shall I use?
2B or not 2B?

(Spike Milligan)

No comments:

Post a Comment