Saturday 11 August 2012

Such a Shallow Feminist

Contrary to my recent deep and political blogs, today I am going to share what has been on my mind for the last few hours.

MY LEGS HAVE FINALLY CHANGED COLOUR!

In 45 years I have never managed to tan my legs below the knees.  It is, I assumed, because I have the hugest, most knobbly knees in the entire history of the world and so the sun can't get down there.
I don't know how it happened but after a day of dog walking, pulling up weeds, fixing fence posts and reading books in my shorts (I was wearing the shorts, the books weren't) my lower legs appear to be a different colour.

I began to panic.  What has changed?  Is this the beginning of hot flushes, losing my keys more often and weeping at school assemblies?

I sat in the bath, examining them carefully.  "Yes, they are a different colour but quite hairy," I thought.  So I soaped them down.  "Oh dear, there's a lot of dirt!"  And I scraped the hairs off noticing how bruised my legs are.

Now that they are clean and hairless I can confirm a colour change, unfortunately that colour is PURPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment