Wednesday 3 January 2024

The tenth day of cheesemas

 If you are in education (school not university) then I hope you made the most of the 10th day because it starts again tomorrow. Parents could be pleased, although, even before I taught I was sad. I do like my job but there is so much less time for cheese and books. 

Technically, your decorations should stay up until the 12th day because that’s when you have your epiphany but mine always arrives a bit early.

It goes something like this:

That’s it! I can’t take it any more. It just looks so cluttered. How can I possibly be in the right frame of mind to go back to cat-wrangling with all this clearing up hanging over my head. And do you know what? I’m getting to be sick of the sight of cheese.

You may well take a sharp intake of breath. Sick of the sight of cheese! Are you feeling alright?

Ok. Breathe. Pause. There has to be a solution.

You need sustenance to get that tree down. There’s no point getting on a chair (other ladders are available) and exhausting yourself cleaning the windows of all those chalk drawings you did when you should have been shopping on a cheese depleted stomach.

Cheese scones are the answer. 

Then when your house is clutter free, it feels huge and clean. Anything is possible and you can go to the supermarket, buy flowers and some cheese for your sad school sandwiches, knowing that it is, at least a short week. 

If only you’d had another day then you might have been able to make a sculpture of the dog from cheese, as this Scottish man has done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment