Wednesday 12 June 2024

Betting on going

 I know I’m a big softy but I’m genuinely worried for the Prime Minister. Things have got so bad for him that while watching the debate, the Long Suffering Husband, who loves an underdog, considered voting for him.

“I like him,” he said, with a completely straight face.

It was an appalling TV performance. He looked defeated and depressed but the LSH was being completely serious. 

“I mean, what can he do? It’s all such a mess. I feel sorry for him.”

I might have over-reacted and shouted something about it being a mess of his own creating, which was not only grammatically incoherent but also quite loud for me.

But.

Journalist, Pippa Crerar, broke this story yesterday. 


I can’t help worrying that he is being held by a criminal gang who are forcing to throw the election in particular ways, so that people can make bets on how badly he’ll lose. Obviously, I wouldn’t suggest that he and his colleagues are applying hedge fund principles to an election to make themselves even richer. 

His recent tweets say it all.

True, they haven’t been very good at spending our money but I don’t know how to fund a health service.

I hope that includes insider trading

Unless we have a TV interview 

Weird!

I thought Sambas were musical bands

Because you are going to leave them on when you leave, like a stroppy teenager?


Also weird!

Asking for a friend.


Leaving.

Honestly, though. I really don’t have the energy for an election right now. I suspect that the Prime Minister feels the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment