Saturday 12 August 2023

Midsomer

 I love a TV murder however I’ve always said that if I lived in Midsomer then I’d get out of there…quick. I wouldn’t wait for the second person to be killed. How stupid are those people that live there?

I’m on holiday.

I wanted to go to Bristol to see hundreds of balloons in the sky but due to general indecision and being less happy about leaving home than before there was no Bristol accommodation left, so we are staying in a barn just outside in a rural Somerset village. 

The dog is completely freaked out by the country sounds, smells and an echoing barn. There are big dogs that say, “Moo,” outside the door, a farm dog that barks all the time, rabbits, sun, rain, shadows, fences, stone circles, witches. You name it, it bothers him. Still, there are plenty of cow pats to roll in!



I’m beginning to share his unease, though.

As chief map reader I’ve noticed how close to Midsomer Norton we are and how all the villages around this farm sound like the people that have been murdered.

Stanton Drew, Compton Dando, Queen Charlton, Bishop Sutton, Norton Malreward, Hinton Blewett, Compton Martin, Rodney Stoke, Farrington Gurney, Tarrant Monkton, Sutton Benger and….Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment