Wednesday 17 August 2022

Hector’s Holibobs

 She said that she didn’t want to write her blog on holiday. That suited me. There’s nothing more tedious than having to wait for a walk, while she writes drivel. I keep telling her that she shouldn’t waste so much time on it; Instagram is quicker. But I thought I’d give it a go. You never know it might be fun.

Saturday: Up early for a nice (calming, she said) walk before leaving.  I saw runners and a bent over lamppost, so was already a bit twitchy. Then into the car for a very long time. Luckily they put the boy in the back with me and he let me out of the straight jacket and let me sit on his lap. When we stopped I waited outside Tesco in the sun while he and the boy went inside. I heard her remind him about sausages, so I was happy. They came out with the girl and her boy. (I wasn’t interested in him, which made him a bit sad). We got back in the car and went to a house. The girl and her boy arrived. That was a surprise. We went for a walk on the beach. I like the beach.

Sunday: I like having lots of people in the house. She got up when I squeaked and took me for a walk. There’s no garden, so whenever I need a wee I get a walk. THE NOISES! There are so many strange noises here. She said one was a cockerel but I think it might be a devil. We saw llamas. I’ve never seen llamas before but I didn’t mind them because they were quiet. Back at the house, I sat in the kitchen with her and got a bit scared and barked at the clock. She said that clocks are meant to tick but I’ve never seen a ticking one before. Everyone got up and they went to the harbour to catch crabs. We went to the pub for dinner and I had a lovely sleep under the table. 

Monday: We went to St David’s for ice cream, spent a long time getting a family selfie and then sat in a graveyard. Back at the house, everyone was really happy, playing games. I like it when everyone is together and happy. 

Tuesday: After my morning walk, where I found a scary rubber tyre swinging from a rope we all squeezed into one car to see visit some nice people. He took the man out to play golf and we walked down to the beach. 

Wednesday - Went to beach. Did digging. I sat in shade next to big rock and they threw my ball. Tried swimming. Didn’t like it. Tired. This writing stuff is boring. 

Thursday - Too hot. Went in the car. Walked in a wood by the river and rolled in lots of mud.

Friday - Walked to the mill and back through a big field and a wood. They were all feeling sad because it was their last day. They say that the house is a bit special and they might not be able to go back again because it’s being sold. They have been going every year since their last dog was a puppy. I met him. He was nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment