Thursday 23 March 2017

Friends

It looks like there will be many people at my dad's funeral tomorrow, which isn't a surprise, as he knew everyone.  It has left the rest of us in the family wondering if we need to get more friends.  My sister thought that her funeral might be like an episode of Jeremy Kyle if her clients came.
"And how do you know her?" we would ask
"She took my first baby away dinn't she?"
"Nah, F off. She took all me babies away!"
Then there would be a punch up over who had received the most of her attention.

Before he died I went to the funeral of a friend that was also very well attended.  I felt almost guilty for going because even though we were good friends at one time I hadn't seen her for a few years. Her death and my dad's have made me question what kind of friend I am.

Although, I write about stuff, I am quite private and I don't really go out. I have friends who I don't see from one year to the next and I think that maybe this year I should try to put that right.

I've decided that friends are precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment