Tuesday 19 July 2016

Always Angry

"You're always angry lately," the Long Suffering Husband said after he had tripped over his shoes, made a loud huffing noise and dropped his spare clothes for the fifth golf game of the week (yes I know it's only Wednesday) on the edge of the bed.

"It's all this stuff about women. Oh, and the fact that you just woke me up from probably the only sleep I'll get tonight."

Newsnight had been on the TV and they were discussing how the 'women's vote' was going to decide whether Trump becomes the next President of the USA. 

"There's no such thing as a women's vote," I growled.
"More women vote than men in America."
I kicked the covers off my sweaty, flushing body.
"But they don't all vote the same way. It's not like women are born with a womb and a hive mind. We can think differently from each other, you know."
"See! You're always angry."

He's right. I do feel more angry than usual. I'm sick of the news, of politics, of people, of pianos. None of them are making me happy. The weather finally decided to give us Summer all in one day , it's the end of term, I can't remember when I last slept for more than 4 hours and all of this has made me tetchy. 

I was cross yesterday. The Labour Party, rammed to the gills with rampant mysoginistis, decided that the woman who challenged Corbyn for the leadership couldn't win because of her gender so they found a man to replace her. Then the press found it necessary to further humiliate her by suggesting that she had lost the plot by shouting, "porridge," on live TV when everyone knows the standard sound check question is, "What did you have for breakfast?"

I was also furious with the man who refused to serve under the new Justice Secretary because she had no legal experience. Well, that's what he said but look at this list of Justice Secretaries he served under and their backgrounds. Can you spot the difference?
Liz Truss Degree in PPE and work as an economist
Michael Gove - History degree and journalist.
Chris Grayling - History degree and tv journalist

Maybe history and journalism are closer to the law than economics. That's it. Absolutely nothing to do with being a woman. 

To be a woman today, it seems as though you all have to think the same and be perfect. I can't do either of those things so I resign.

That's it. I resign from my position as 'woman'. I don't want the job anymore. I feel as though I am no longer adequately qualified for this role.

 From now on I'll just be a person and maybe I will start to be less angry.





No comments:

Post a Comment