Wednesday 9 September 2015

Catch Phrase

Going back to school after a long summer holiday I worry that I'll have forgotten how to do it.  Will I remember how to teach small children?   When I woke this morning I was concerned that not only had I forgotten how to teach I also wasn't in the best physical condition to do so.

Today, though, I've been 'perfectly fine'.  I was 'perfectly fine' all day and I can't recommend standing in front of a class of 30 small children for pain relief highly enough. I realised that as I winced my way along  the corridor towards the staffroom, saying, "Yeah, perfectly fine," to anyone who enquired that it's become a bit of a catchphrase.

This isn't my only catchphrase, though.

I was embarrassed the other day when a friend was ranting about people who use the word 'awesome'.  I agree that people over use the word but I use it in one of my catchphrases.  I tell children before they perform, "Don't forget to be awesome."  I stole this from cool and trendy YouTubers but I think it works.  Awesome is a pretty big thing to try to be.

Over the Summer I asked some of my pupils to perform in the High Street and another of my catchphrases appeared.  "There's no rest for the talented," I said.

When they were a little shy I used another catchphrase.  "Be bold be strong be wrong." I know that sounds like a silly catchphrase but how can you ever get better if you are scared to be wrong?

When my daughter was studying her A levels, one of her teachers joked with me about some of the pupils in her music class.  She said, "You can't polish a turd."
"Yes but you can sprinkle glitter on it,"  I replied.
 This is very useful advice if you work in a Primary School.

The Bristol Stool Chart doesn't contain any glittery versions but as I often say (in my final catchphrase of this blog), "There's not much that can't be improved with cake."

bristol stool chart cake - Google Search: Medical Cakes, Stools Cakes, Weird Cakes, Charts Cakes
Cake seen on Pintrest

No comments:

Post a Comment