Thursday 9 April 2015

SATs Resists

It's the Easter holidays. I was going to take a proper break from school stuff. I wasn't going to get angry about any school related election items.

I tried really hard. 

I didn't need to get angry. My Twitter feed did it for me and I was cheered up by hearing the Education Secretary say, "resitted," on the radio. There was no need to tell the world about the day my son turned from a 'mediocre failure' to a success because someone remarked one of his GCSEs. People more angry and more eloquent than me were doing a better job.

But.....

Then I looked at the other side of Twitter. The side I don't follow.

People were talking about children who didn't get a particular mark on one test, as being pointless members of society. 


It was this tweet, in particular that made me want to bang my head on the desk.

No, I think schools will be able to spend less time teaching these children because they will have to spend even more time drilling them to be above average on one test. I will have to look at more disappointed faces of children who are dragged out of a lesson they love and can do for more of the stuff that they just don't get. It's heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment