Wednesday 11 June 2014

There is something wrong with me

I have always accused the Long Suffering Husband of being a hoarder. Yes, it's him that keeps a nail, screw or washer just in case. Not me. Oh no, definitely not me. I am efficient with my possessions. I only keep what I need. I shun clutter.

Except......

We had some furniture delivered and as I sorted the packaging into recycling I kept thinking, "This must be useful for something!"


I could make a new compost bin or a raised bed.


Cardboard.  You can always do something exciting with cardboard.  Not quite sure what but something would come to me.......and that sheeting stuff would be great for protecting early seedlings and keeping the ground warm.


And look, that polystyrene!  If you build it up you could make a rock.  It would make a great prop to hide a Beetle underneath for a class assembly or some silly musical game that I could invent.

Luckily, the LSH saved me from myself and took it all to the tip, ignoring my protests.

Except......

I've just found some of the wood in the garage and I feel so relieved that we might be able to make something.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know that you have such an amazing idea of recycling. Those materials can still be useful in so many ways, so it’s good that you decided not to throw them for now. Thanks for sharing that, Julia! All the best to you!

    Clarence Rios @ Bins By Jo

    ReplyDelete