Thursday 20 February 2014

Grief

Grief.

Just the word brings tears to the eyes.

Everyone reacts in their own way to sad news.

 I write.

 I write letters of shock and disbelief; of anger and hurt; of love and remembrance and of acceptance. It helps me.  I write to the person I'm missing, the world, a higher power, authorities, you name it they get a letter. And when I get to the letter where I can write to the person I'm sad about losing, in which I remember the funny things and the things they taught me, I delete everything. I think that writing the shocked and angry helps to get it out of my system and I want it out. I want to remember the nice things.

I hope this is not too personal but I want to share some current rememberings.

You taught me that an after-school sit is important.
You taught me that life is fantastic when you love your job.
You taught me to laugh often.
You taught me that dignity is worth preserving.
You taught me that there is nothing more exciting than your girl coming home.
You taught me that song lyrics aren't always what people think.
You taught me that cupcakes made for husband's work colleagues should be decorated with copious amounts of edible glitter because there is nothing funnier than sparkly policemen.


No comments:

Post a Comment