Saturday 16 November 2013

Choir's for Girls

There is still a lot of work to do to get equality between the sexes.

Yesterday, a boy came to see me. He said, "I'd really like to join choir but my mum says I have to go to football club."
"Oh," I said, "I thought you loved football."
"I do," he said, "but I'm in three teams anyway and I could miss the school football club and still play loads but I can only come to choir once."
I was impressed at the thought he had put into it and although I would love to have choir that doesn't clash with any club to force children to make difficult choices, there just aren't enough hours in the day or days in the week to make this possible, so I suggested he try his brilliant argument on his parents.
"Oh, I did," he said, "but she said choir was for girls!"



Tell that to this to the Vienna Boys Choir or the amazing Great Western Chorus that sang at the Barnardo's concert, with their female Musical Director.




No comments:

Post a Comment